Queensland University of Technology (QUT) is a highly successful Australian university with a global profile, located in the city of Brisbane. Reflecting this global outlook, QUT has 44,000 students, including 6,800 international students from more than 100 countries. Our worldwide rankings, career development programs and practical courses are a testament to our ability to produce job-ready graduates.
A QUT degree sets you up for success. You’ll receive a world-class education, opportunities for practical experience and valuable industry connections—it’s why QUT graduates are in demand.
• Ranked as the top university in Australia under 50 years (Times Higher Education ‘Top Universities Under 50 years old’ 2013 rankings)
• QUT Business School was the first Business School in Australia with triple international accreditation (EQUIS, AACSB and AMBA), held by less than 1% of business schools worldwide – so your degree meets the highest standards, and is recognized worldwide
• The top rating of five stars in job outcomes (Good Universities Guide, 2013)
• Largest university career mentor scheme in Australia, including partnerships with hundreds of companies worldwide to give you real experience while you study
• 85 per cent of our research areas at the broad discipline level are ranked world standard and above
Flexible study options
QUT offers more than 650 undergraduate and postgraduate study options in:
• Building and planning
• Creative, design and performance
• Health and community
• Information technology
• Languages, including English language pathway programs
• Law and justice
• Science and mathematicsRead more
Career preparation services
QUT provides employment assistance and free advice on career planning, and is the only university in Australia with an international career counsellor who works exclusively with international students and employers.
QUT can also help build your expertise through work experience, internships and the largest career mentor scheme of all Australian universities. Linking with a mentor can prepare you for your career, increase your employment opportunities and help you develop a professional network.
Some of our career preparation services include:
•interactive career development programs
•career planning advice
•feedback on your résumé
•assistance with your job application
•workshops and online guides for employment seeking and interview preparation
•on-campus careers fairs and employer presentations
Find out more at www.careers.qut.edu.au
A high level of student support
At QUT we provide services that will support you in every aspect of your life as a university student.
We provide services such as:
• Pre-departure briefings
• Free airport reception service
• Language and learning advice and support
• Academic skills workshops
• Support for students under 18
• Religious facilities and support
Find out more about our support services at www.qut.edu.au/international/student-support-and-orientation
A wide range of scholarships
We offer a wide variety of scholarships for international students to make their studies more affordable, including:
·- Faculty scholarships
·- Australian government scholarships
·- Home scholarships
Find out more about all the scholarships available to you at www.qut.edu.au/international/scholarships-and-prizes
Research that matters
QUT is the fastest-growing research university in Australia, committing over half a billion dollars to research, teaching and learning infrastructure in the last six years.
A top ten Australian university in research, QUT performed strongly in the Australian Federal Government’s 2012 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) assessment round, with 85 per cent of the university’s research areas at the broad discipline level ranked world standard and above.
QUT provides a high level of support to its research students through project supervision, world-class facilities and technology, research training and career preparation
A range of facilities are available on both campuses to enrich your university experience and make life easier:
• - 24-hour computing laboratories
•- automatic teller machines
•- cafés and food outlets
•- campus shops and news agency
•- sporting facilities
•- student centers
•- childcare facilities
•- counselling and QUT medical centers
•- licensed Guild bars: Botanic Bar and The Grove
•- swimming pools.
QUT’s campuses are well serviced by public transport, and Gardens Point and Kelvin Grove campuses are linked by a free shuttle bus.
A gateway to Queensland and Australia
QUT is located in Brisbane, the capital of Queensland, and has a population of approximately 2.12 million people. Brisbane is renowned for its relaxed, outdoor lifestyle and offers a wide range of activities including sports, arts and entertainment, shopping, dining and great nightlife.
Queensland is a state of many contrasts – from tropical coasts and green rainforests to desert and sand country. It is home to many tourist destinations including the Great Barrier Reef, Cairns, the Gold Coast, the Whitsundays and the Sunshine Coast. All of these amazing locations are easily accessible from Brisbane.Read more